* New instance load system that will send you a warning popup when you are about to enter an instance that would bind you and you do not have a No-Lock. If you decline or the timer runs out, it will port you out to the linked Graveyard.
* Season 6 teams with lower than 1500 rating will be treated as 1500 rating for points
* Updated packet system for Arena Buff Event code
* Crash Fixes for teleporting into a bugged/non-existing BG
* Updated BG pvp log packet for 3.3
* Updated Z calculations for Liquid and uneven terrain models
* Fixed SetZoneInCombat to not include Friendly targets
* Implemented creature template flag 'Aggro Zone'
* Cleaned up trap system and implemented global cooldowns for triggers on traps and goobers (innocuous objects)
* Updated Party Member Status to display players that are zoning or relogging properly also fixes crash bug in GetZone while half-logged
* Cleaned up threat assistant to handle threat more efficiently and to include better support for threat redirection abilities
* Fixed Modify Scale to update Models independent of scale settings
* Updated loot system to include a new loot type 'Owner' for loot types that do not fit into other categories. Should clean up issues with wrong loot permissions
* Fixed crash bug in Map deconstructor where it tried to DeleteFromWorld an object that did not exist
* Cleaned up CanPlayerEnter dungeon/raid zone checks to prevent crash or invalid zone on bad map data
* Fixed Inspect function to properly display Enchantment info and to display enchantments regardless of Talent inspect settings
* Many spell fixes for morph spells to include proper models and genders (Dreaded Corsair, Pirate, etc)
* Updated melee system to properly calculate melee distance
* Fixed bugs in the Shapeshift system that were causing Passive spells to not proc properly
* Fixed Friends list to cleanup deleted players as they are deleted
* Cleaned up Teleportation system and packet data to prevent invalid zoning errors
* Fixed Chain spells with Ignore Crowd Controlled Targets flag to not include CC'd targets in their target lists
* Updated Mechanic Bleed system
* Fixed a large number of manually scripted target types (Area Effect Around Destination, etc)
* Modified spell system to now include a Spell Range Index based on the DBC spell range.
* Implemented "Miss" and "Resist" into the aggro system for Units. Previously they did not aggro on a Miss or Resist
* Updated Max Targets for many NPC spells
* Fixed bug in DBC entries for certain spells having invalid Radius
* Fixed Kill Command, Starshards, Vigilance, Deadly Precision, Stances to include Passive effect bonuses, Tidal Force, Tricks of the Trade, Furor, Lifeblood, Innoculation on Blight Spores, Magic Rooster, and more.
* Updated the DK Presence system
* Fixed quest spells: Digging for Treasure, Charge Up, Nerubian Submerge, Polly Eats the ECAC, Lava Bomb, Gate of Shazzrah, Sha'tari Torch, Tower of Certain Doom, Send Them Packing, Potent Explosive, Jormungar Explosion, Throw UDED, Who Are They, Into the realm of shadows, Mammoth Explosion, and more.
* Updated the Disarm effect to properly select slots
* Updated Healing Stream Totem spells to include not only owner's spell bonus but also the bonus taken on target (Increase healing done to you by 5%, etc)
* Moonkin form now receives it's damage reduction while stunned bonus
* Fixed Glyph of: Scourge Strike, Vigilance, Starfire, etc
* Fixed NPC spells: Soulstorm, Leeching Swarm, Pact of the Darkfallen, Icy Grip, Icy Tomb, Consume, Ghouls of Crusade, Twilight Bloodbolt, Bloodbolt Whirl, Blood link, and more
* Updated spell owners on many Boost-type spells (presences, etc)
* Fixed targeting system for TARGET_EFFECT_SELECT
* Cleaned up Effect Distract
* Modified the spawn point for Effect Summon Wild to be more accurate
* Fixed Shiny/Purified Shard of the Scale equip effects
* Updated spell rank and proc systems.
* Fixed bug in the Proc Trigger system that was invalidating hundreds of Proc effects.
* Fixed many duration improving glyphs/talents: Glyph of Thorns, etc
* Updated Glyph of Dispel Magic to proc properly and use the proper target
* Implemented Clean Escape
* Updated Tricks of the Trade for more proper usage
* Fixed Mark of Blood to only proc on Players
* Cleaned up Blade Warding to scale based on stack more accurately
* Updated Flat Modifier and Mod Rating based spell effects to apply more accurately
* Fixed stacking on many of the spells listed above
* Rewrote Sindragosa, Festergut, Warborn, and Putricide's scripts from scratch and removed as many bugs and crash issues as I could find
* Fixed memory leak in ACE..finally..
* Improved server load times by more than double (from 60-120secs down to 10-15secs - 30secs on heavy load) using a new custom loading system.
Still to come is the new Recruit A Friend system based on retail's design. Easy enough to include a xp mod (x2?). Not sure what to do with the Granted Levels portion...should also be easy to implement the Teleport commands that come along with the system. Packets are all decoded..just a matter of filling in the blanks.
[ view entry ] ( 22 views ) | permalink
But, it'll be pretty awesome! I've built this on several other games before but I'm tweaking the ruleset with a slightly WoW-ish theme and making it a bit more hands-on than my previous incarnations. Should be quite entertaining and it certainly has more replay value than what WoW currently has to offer.
Oh and I'll be adding the Pet Cage as a donation option in the next couple days. Wanted to give you hard workers a head start. It'll probably have a lowish coin requirement as you're allowed to have multiples. Remember, donations aren't just 'buying items'. It's a way to help the server..something which is desperately needed right now. The donation amounts are set the way they are so it is more likely if you're donating, you're doing it for the right reasons.
[ view entry ] ( 1 view ) | permalink
Also, installed a new activation system. I'll be adding more filters and anti-spam measures throughout the week even if I have to build them myself.
Released fixes for non-standard pets that were conflicting with the fix for Earth/Fire Elemental Totems. Should fix up the missing spirit wolf and the other couple issues reported on the tracker. I should note too that the fact pet cage pets cannot be healed/buffed by players is -intentional-. They were never meant to replace Hunter/DK/etc pets. They are to supplement the team not take over a role. Pet cage pets may heal and buff each-other though.
They become quite powerful when they are maxed out and a team of buffable, healable pets would be extremely overpowered. Trust me, I tested it. If we did add the ability to be healed/buffed, we would need to rewrite the stats system to account for that. Not something I'm jumping up to do but I may decide to tweak it in the future.
Keep in mind that these pets, while now they may look worthless, have months of potential that can be worked into them through feeding. I tested many configurations and they are all fully sustainable so long as you make sure you have a team-mate with a support based pet as well. Their self-heals are quite efficient.
[ view entry ] | permalink
Spamming doesn't even make them any money...people aren't going to click the god damn links and what's the point in hammering the page to the point of it not loading? That's REALLY going to get more people to view your useless spam. I wonder if these people running the bots realize how moronic they really are. I really want to pull a Jay & Silent Bob on them and just track down all the posters to beat the crap out of them. Sadly, we already know they're so idiotic it would be like beating on the retarded kid in class.
I've managed to set up enough blocks to prevent it from being easy to spam and now they started DoSing our forums. Sending a message out to our host to see if they can step in and help with this retardation.
Edit: Turned on the website logging at the request of our host so we can track down the source of the DoS attacks.
[ view entry ] ( 30 views ) | permalink
Restarted all realms at 2am with all the reported bugs in the Cage quest chain up to this point. It also included several bug fixes from the tracker though I can't recall off the top of my head which ones...
[ view entry ] ( 1 view ) | permalink
Kalecgos is fixed on the test server as is Nightbane. I'll put the fixes in later tonight. Can't compile on linux without it causing issues on the MySQL server...not sure why it decided to start doing that. Luckily there are 4 quest chains not just the one so at least people have something to do while waiting.
[ view entry ] ( 2 views ) | permalink
Last I had heard this fight was working. I'll ask Ash if he has any insight as he was the one to get this working before I came around.
[ view entry ] ( 19 views ) | permalink
If you'd like to glimpse the quest chains, take a look here
[ view entry ] | permalink
I've finished writing up most of the SQL queries I'm going to have to run before compiling the new core. I'll most likely take the servers down either later tonight or early tomorrow depending on how things are looking.
Thought I'd mention a few things that were discussed in the comments from the previous post:
Feeding your pet specific items does not guarantee you will gain a specific stat, it only increases your chances. For example, if I feed my pet a Crossbow, it has roughly double the chance of gaining Agility as it does gaining any other stat not 100% chance. This is to help flesh out lacking stats and alleviate issues arising from stacking too much of one stat. Also, it adds a bit of dumb luck to your ability to create the 'perfect' pet. I find slight randomization to be mildly entertaining.
You will, eventually, be given an option to 'reset' your pet but this will not be a cheap option. This is to encourage trading/exchanging pets as a commodity. Pet Cages will not be Unique or Bound so you could (theoretically) trade and carry as many pets as you would like (They are 'unique-summoned' though, you cannot have more than one out at a time). The pet's abilities are tied into the item itself not the player thereby making them tradable and increasing their value.
[ view entry ] ( 135 views ) | permalink
Note, it will not have any ability to fight or anything until you upgrade it passed the first morph tier which is when one of the stats' total reaches 100+.
I've decided to not make the quest chains repeatable. The item is tradable (including all stats, skills, etc) to anyone and you can carry multiples (though not run multiples at the same time). So, you can upgrade it and if you don't like it, you can trade it to someone else for a different (or empty) one.
The chain starts with the Prizes NPC in Orgrimmar/Darnassus if you'd like to test it out. Though, I cannot guarantee all the NPCs will be present to complete the chain as the test server does get sporadic database updates. I did add the Herald custom npc for the main part of the chains though.
*Note: Be sure to clear your cache. There are a lot of new items, npcs, and events required to make the questchains work.
[ view entry ] ( 64 views ) | permalink